Helsinki, Finland - July 10
By pmonday on Jul 16, 2007
The Project Blackbox Tour was in Helsinki, Finland on July 10th. Turnout continues to be very good. Perhaps more interesting to myself is the amount of press that the tour is receiving overseas, stunning.
The event held on July 10th had about 86 signed in attendees with 4 different press / analysts teams touring. As I go through reports these days, every single report has partners requesting more information and sales calls regarding this thing. This idea continues to have wheels (ok, bad pun).
Here are a list of publications from Finland with articles and information that was published during the tour stop:
- Publication: Kauppalehti (Finland's biggest business daily), Headline: "Sun packed data center into container", Date: 11/7/2007
- Publication: Tikniikka&Talous, Headline: "Green data center landed on Narinkka Square, Helsinki", Date: 10/7/2007
- Publication: Itviikko Online, Headline: "Virtualized data center on tour: Sun's Blackbox visits Kamppi", Date: 10/7/2007
- Publication: Digitoday, Headline: "Sun landed datacenter in Kamppi", Date: 10/7/2007
- Publication: Talouselama Newsletter, Headline: "Sun brought datacenter to Narinkka Square", Date: 10/7/2007, Highlights (no online available): Sun's Blackbox visited Helsinki and raised a lot of attention among IT professionals. Article focuses on Blackbox's eco-friendliness.
- Publication: Radio Nova, News (Nova is the biggest national commercial radio station), Headline: "Sun has developed a datacenter that fits into a container", Date: 11/7/2007
We often ask for a post from the local marketing team, I'm providing that inline here. Towards the end, you will find a quote in the local language as well, remember to find your favorite online translation tool if you are non-native!
Blackbox tour in Helsinki was very successful and generated lots of interest among Finnish IT professionals. We held our event in the very heart of Helsinki and in spite of the best holiday season in Finland, the tour gathered together almost 90 attendees from Finland, Baltic countries and even from Spain! Customers really liked the Blackbox demo and Finnish technical team really excelled when presenting the Box. One customer comment put it this way: "Very fancy demo environment. Concrete solution for a common problem!"
"Helsingin Blackbox-kiertue oli sekä asiakkaidemme että omasta mielestämme menestys. Helsingin Narkinkka-torilla sijainnut Blackbox-rekka sai asiakkaidemme lisäksi runsaasti huomiota osakseen sekä ohikulkijoilta, lehdistössä että radiossa. Suomessa harvemmin järjestetään asiakastaphtumia keskellä parasta loma-aikaa; Blackboxin vierailu osoitti todeksi sen, että kun asia on riittävän mielenkiinoinen, tullaan sitä kuuntelemaan vaikka kesken ansaitun loman "
Finally, here is a page out of a local newspaper scanned by the marketing team on site. Click through (the image is a link) to see the full size scan.
You can call me old, out of date, etc... but the physical media with stories (rather than electronic posts) puts things into an interesting and very "real" cultural context.