Wednesday Nov 11, 2015
Tuesday May 19, 2015
By Troy Kitch-Oracle on May 19, 2015
“Companies of all sizes and in virtually every industry are struggling to manage the exploding amounts of data,” says Neil Mendelson, vice president for big data and advanced analytics at Oracle. “But as both business and IT executives know all too well, managing big data involves far more than just dealing with storage and retrieval challenges—it requires addressing a variety of privacy and security issues as well.”
In a talk at the Technology Policy Institute’s 2013 Aspen Forum, Federal Trade Commission chairwoman Edith Ramirez described some big data pitfalls to be avoided. Though many organizations use big data for collecting non-personal information, there are others that use it “in ways that implicate individual privacy.”
With big data, comes bigger responsibility. A new joint Oracle and MIT Technology Review paper drills into these pitfalls and how organizations can mitigate them using Oracle's Big Data solution.
Get the paper, Securing the Big Data Life Cycle and learn more here.
Tuesday Jul 15, 2014
Thursday Jul 10, 2014
By Peter Jeffcock-Oracle on Jul 10, 2014
Skills. Integration. Security. Are those the problems you see as you look to use Hadoop and/or NoSQL in your organization?[Read More]
The place to get informed about big data ideas, trends, and news and how it impacts your success. Authors represent Oracle big data management, integration, analytics, and applications. https://www.oracle.com/big-data/index.html
- The surprising economics of engineered systems
- Predictions for Big Data Security in 2016
- Delegation and (Data) Management
- Accelerating SQL Queries that Span Hadoop and Oracle Database
- Oracle Big Data SQL 3.0 adds support for Hortonworks Data Platform and commodity clusters
- Learn Predictive Analytics in 2 Days - New Oracle University Course!
- Links to Presentations: BIWA Summit'16 - Big Data + Analytics User Conference Jan 26-28, @ Oracle HQ Conference Center
- Experimental data labs take off 2016
- IoT + Cloud = Drives Bigger, Big Data
- Big Data For All? Oracle's 2016 Top 10 Predictions