How To Get BigAdmin Bucks From the BigAdmin Wiki
By Rick Ramsey on Jan 17, 2008
Some of you have been checking out the BigAdmin wiki and posting comments. Some of you have even posted your own content, either on existing wiki pages or on new pages you added. Here’s how to make sure you get your BigAdmin goodies after you post content to the wiki…
- After posting your content, go to the New and Recently Updated page on the BigAdmin wiki and add a link back to the page where your content lives. Here's how to add that link.
- If you aren’t logged in, click Log In. (If you are logged in, you'll see "Welcome
on the upper right.)
- Select the Edit tab.
- Copy the line for an existing link. Link lines start with an asterisk, for example:
\* Oct 26, 2007 - [Conditional Function Definitions in ksh|Conditional function definitions in ksh]
- Paste the copied link at the top of the list for the current month.
- Modify the date so it is today’s date.
- Modify the info between the square brackets ([ and ]) so the name of the page that contains your content appears before and after the “|” symbol.
- Select the Preview tab to see how your changes look and test your link.
- When you are done, click Save.
- Go to the Submit Content page on BigAdmin and fill in the form.
We can’t give you BigAdmin Bucks until you do this step!
- Fill in the fields as follows:
Title of Submission = title of the page that contains your content
Location = “Use the following URL” and the URL for the page that contains your content
Language = appropriate language (usually English)
Resource Contact = your name or email address if you wrote the content; otherwise, contact info (e.g., email address or URL) for whoever wrote the content
Description = sentence or two describing your new content
Section = Tech Tips
Category = appropriate choice (General is often appropriate)
Collections = one or more of the options, if appropriate, or else leave blank
Task = appropriate choice (if known)
Technology = appropriate choice (if known)
Name = your name
Email Address = your email address
Confirm Email Address = your email address
Company = your company
- Accept the terms and click Submit.
- Sign up to receive notification about changes made to the page that contains your content.
- Go to the page that contains your content.
- Click the Envelope icon (Watch This Page) at the top right next to the Star icon. You then receive email whenever a reader posts a comment at the bottom of your page.
- To reply to a reader's comment, follow the "How to Leave Comments or Tag Pages" instructions on the wiki home page.