From the announcement today
Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) Applications 184.108.40.206.1 (also known as 11g PS1) is now available on the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud (eDelivery) and on the Oracle Technology Network (OTN). This is the first major release on the 11g code line leveraging the power of ODI, and certified with the latest version of Oracle BI Foundation 220.127.116.11.
This major new release of Oracle Business Intelligence Applications 11g adds:
1. New in-memory analytic applications
2. Significantly expand functional content across existing CRM and ERP Oracle BI Applications
3. Re-design to leverage the power of Oracle Data Integrator and, optionally, GoldenGate
4. New out-of-the-box utilities to increase productivity and further drive down Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
New Oracle BI Applications:
· Oracle Student Information Analytics enables academic institutions to improve recruitment, lower dropout rate by tracking student attendance in real-time, monitor graduation rate, manage student financial transactions, and match up school resources with student needs more effectively.
· Oracle Indirect Spend Planning – a prebuilt planning application that teams with Oracle Procurement and Spend Analytics to enable businesses to optimize spend through what-if modeling
New Content Enhancements: Significant expansion of content improves existing front and back-office Oracle BI Applications including:
· Oracle Human Resources Analytics expands analysis on HR programs and workforce performance with new Time and Labor Analysis, global Payroll Analysis and Headcount Gain and Loss.
· Oracle Financial Analytics improves company Financial Performance with new Fixed Assets Analysis, providing complete lifecycle of assets from acquisitions, capitalization to retirements. Budgetary Control Analysis, ideal for public sector, delivers insight into expense & revenue budgets including analysis of budgeted amounts, encumbrances, expenditures, funds available, overspending, and recognized revenues.
· Oracle Project Analytics expands insight into project-based data with new Resource Management Analysis, providing visibility into project requirements, trending, utilization, competencies and alignment. Reconciliation of project sub-ledger and General Ledger assist project accountants in reconciling differences between the two ledgers for cost and revenue transactions. Perspective based dashboards provide an optimized Project Analytics user interface that orients the content around
specific user perspectives.
· Oracle Supply Chain & Order Management Analytics introduces new Enhanced Inventory Analysis, providing deep insight into Inventory Cycle Count, Inventory Aging, Inventory Expiration/Obsolescence tracking and Inventory balances and transaction details at lot level. Item Cost History Analysis allows insight into historical cost of Supply Chain related items.
· Oracle Procurement & Spend Analytics introduces new Sourcing Analysis, providing a new comprehensive Sourcing Business Process that includes negotiations, awards, savings and performance. Award decisions will help identify trends and check if there is a margin for any savings opportunity.
· Oracle CRM Analytics expands insight into front office Analytics with Indirect Forecasting and Service Contracts support. Forecasting Analysis is now possible when submissions are made up a forecast hierarchy that is outside of the reporting hierarchy. Oracle Price Analytics has added E-Business Suite to the list of supported sources. Customers now have a ready means to assess pricing performance and arrest revenue and margin leakage. Robust price waterfall analysis possible with the new Waterfall view.
Using New Oracle BI Foundation Suite 18.104.22.168 Features:
· Visualization Enhancements, and User Interaction Improvements
· BI Mobile HD Enhancements: BI Applications available on mobile without additional development
New Oracle Data Integration: BI Apps are completely re-architected to leverage Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate.
· BI Applications is now available with next-generation Data Integration. Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) delivers unique next-generation, Extract Load and Transform (E-LT) technology that improves performance and reduces data integration costs—even across heterogeneous systems, and improves productivity.
· Functional Setup Manager provides a Web based Administrative User Interface to track and manage implementation projects and their required functional setup steps
· Configuration Manager provides a centralized Web based administrative user interface to simplify the setup and maintenance of Oracle Business Intelligence Applications.
· A new optional pre-packaged solution, that leverages GoldenGate, eliminates the need for an ETL batch window and minimizes the impact on OLTP systems, while providing near real-time reporting and enabling more reliable change data capture and delete support.
· Customers may continue alternatively to use Oracle BI Apps 7.9.6.x and Informatica ETL.