How to include Fusion DFFs Into OBIA 184.108.40.206.1 In Premise Data Warehouse
By AKotz on Feb 19, 2014
Author: Saurabh Gautam
This is a technote that explains the steps needed to extract the Fusion descriptive Flexfield (DFF) information into the in premise Oracle BI application (OBIA) Warehouse from the in premise Fusion applications (not SAAS).
Note: The OBIA changes have to be done manually.
Supported OBIA release: 220.127.116.11.1 onwards
Supported Apps release: Fusion Release 5 onwards
A. Enable and Deploy DFF
1. Enable the Descriptive Flexfield in Fusion Apps. Mark the DFF/attributes as BI Enabled. For e.g. Enable PJC_EXP_ITEMS_DESC_FLEX
2. Deploy the Flexfield Vo.
3. Refer to this link for more info.
B. Setup the rpd
1. Bring down the OBIEE server and presentation services.
2. Open the Oracle BI Applications repository file (*.rpd) via the admin tool.
the newly deployed DFF VO(for e.g. FscmTopModelAM.PjcEiBIAM.FLEX_BI_PjcEi_VI)
into the rpd. Select the appropriate logical table (for e.g.Dim – Project
Costing Details) while importing. This should import the DFF VO and also create
the physical join to the appropriate VO. E.g. screenshot below:
1. Make sure that the VO name is <= 80 chars, if not then create an Alias on that VO with name <= 80 chars
2. Save the rpd, start the BI server
C. ETL Changes in ODI
1. Please note that the steps documented in this note follow our standard customization process. This is needed in order for our future ODI metadata patches to work in your repository. As part of the standard customization process, you will copy the existing mapping folder to a custom folder, make changes in the custom folder, delete the OOTB scenario from the original mapping folder, and then generate the new scenarios in the custom folder using the original OOTB scenario name.
Please refer to the customization guide before you start on this.
2. Open the ODI Studio client and login to the appropriate repository. Go to the Model tab->Fusion 1.0->Oracle Fusion 1.0 FSCM/HCM/CRM folder
3. Import the newly deployed DFF VO using the RKM BIAPPS Oracle BI
5. Open the Oracle BI Applications-> Oracle BI Applications model sub folder and add the fields to the target DS/FS and D/F data waterhouse (DW) tables in the correct folder.
6. Apply these target table changes to the target warehouse by doing an alter table.
7. Click on the Designer tab and navigate to the appropriate sde folder for fusion under BI apps project : Mappings ->SDE_FUSION_V1_Adaptor. Duplicate the appropriate SDE folder and copy it to your CUSTOM_SDE folder.
8. Open the temporary interface (icon marked in yellow) in that custom folder.
10. Pull the DFF VO into the mapping tab of the interface.
11. Join the DFF VO to the base VO and drag the DFF VO fields which need to be extracted in to the DW into the right hand target pane
12. Open the main interface and map the fields from the temporary interface to the target.
13. Save all the objects. Before
generating the new scenario rename the original scenario in the base OOTB folder where you had copied the folder.
14. Navigate to the Packages->Scenarios and on the scenario name right click and select the ‘Generate’ option to generate the scenario. Rename the scenario name to use the original out of box scenario name.
15. Similarly copy the appropriate Dim or Fact in the SILOS folder to the CUSTOM_SILOS folder, and then map the new DS/FS fields to the D/F table
in the main interface.Save.
Before generating the new scenario rename the original scenario in the base OOTB folder where you had copied the folder.
16. Navigate to the Packages->Scenarios and on the scenario name right click and select the ‘Generate’ option to generate the scenario. Rename the scenario name to use the original out of box scenario name.
17. Unit test all the changes
D. RPD changes
1. Open the rpd in the admin tool in your dev environment, in the physical layer add the new fields to the modified_D/_F table under the DataWarehouse connection pool.
2. Drag the new fields from the alias to the BMM layer, rename it to give it a business name and drag it to the presentation layer.
3. Run the consistency check and save the rpd.
4. Deploy the modified rpd and restart the BI server and test the new fields from an answer.
E. Additional Information
General Details about 18.104.22.168.1 OBIA can be found here
Note: These fixes are to be applied in the right folder for e.g. Apply them in the SDE_Fusion_Adaptor folder of the ODI repository if you are running Fusion app. If you have customized the maps mentioned above then please carefully apply the steps mentioned above