Oracle's SPARC T4 servers set a new World Record for Oracle's Siebel Platform Sizing and Performance Program (PSPP) benchmark suite. The result used Oracle's Siebel Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Industry Applications Release 18.104.22.168 and Oracle Database 11g Release 2 running Oracle Solaris on three SPARC T4-2 and two SPARC T4-1 servers.
The SPARC T4 servers running the Siebel PSPP 22.214.171.124 workload which includes Siebel Call Center and Order Management System demonstrates impressive throughput performance of the SPARC T4 processor by achieving 29,000 users.
This is the first Siebel PSPP 126.96.36.199 benchmark supporting 29,000 concurrent users with a rate of 239,748 Business Transactions/hour.
The benchmark demonstrates vertical and horizontal scalability of Siebel CRM Release 188.8.131.52 on SPARC T4 servers.
|Response Times (sec)|
|1 x SPARC T4-1 (1 x SPARC T4 2.85 GHz) – Web
3 x SPARC T4-2 (2 x SPARC T4 2.85 GHz) – App/Gateway
1 x SPARC T4-1 (1 x SPARC T4 2.85 GHz) – DB
Call Center + Order Management
Transactions: 197,128 + 42,620
Users: 20300 + 8700
Web Server Configuration:
Application Server Configuration:
Database Server Configuration:
Siebel 8.1 PSPP benchmark includes Call Center and Order Management:
Siebel Financial Services Call Center – Provides the most complete solution for sales and service, allowing customer service and telesales representatives to provide superior customer support, improve customer loyalty, and increase revenues through cross-selling and up-selling.
High-level description of the use cases tested: Incoming Call Creates Opportunity, Quote and Order and Incoming Call Creates Service Request. Three complex business transactions are executed simultaneously for specific number of concurrent users. The ratios of these 3 scenarios were 30%, 40%, 30% respectively, which together were totaling 70% of all transactions simulated in this benchmark. Between each user operation and the next one, the think time averaged approximately 10, 13, and 35 seconds respectively.
Siebel Order Management – Oracle's Siebel Order Management allows employees such as salespeople and call center agents to create and manage quotes and orders through their entire life cycle. Siebel Order Management can be tightly integrated with back-office applications allowing users to perform tasks such as checking credit, confirming availability, and monitoring the fulfillment process.
High-level description of the use cases tested: Order & Order Items Creation and Order Updates. Two complex Order Management transactions were executed simultaneously for specific number of concurrent users concurrently with aforementioned three Call Center scenarios above. The ratio of these 2 scenarios was 50% each, which together were totaling 30% of all transactions simulated in this benchmark. Between each user operation and the next one, the think time averaged approximately 20 and 67 seconds respectively.
Copyright 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Results as of 30 September 2012.