We are pleased to announce that a new release of Oracle Berkeley DB, version 220.127.116.11.28, is available today.
Our latest release includes yet more value added features for SQLite users, as well as several performance enhancements and new customer-requested features to the key-value pair API. We continue to provide technology leadership, features and performance for SQLite applications. This release introduces additional features that are not available in native SQLite, and adds functionality allowing customers to create richer, more scalable, more concurrent applications using the Berkeley DB SQL API.
This release is compelling to Oracle’s customers and partners because it:
- delivers a complete, embeddable SQL92 database
- as a library under 1MB size
- drop-in API compatible with SQLite version 3
- no-oversight, zero-touch database administration
- industrial quality, battle tested Berkeley DB B-TREE for concurrent transactional data storage
New Features Include:
- MVCC support for even higher concurrency
- direct SQL support for HA/replication
- transactionally protected Sequence number generation functions
- lower memory requirements, shared memory regions and faster/smaller memory on startup
- easier B-TREE page size configuration with new ''db_tuner" utility
New Key-Value API Features Include:
- HEAP access method for constrained disk-space applications (key-value API)
- faster QUEUE access method operations for highly concurrent applications -- up 2-3X faster! (key-value API)
- new X/open compliant XA resource manager, easily integrated with Oracle Tuxedo (key-value API)
- additional HA/replication management and communication options (key-value API)
and a lot more!
BDB is hands-down the best edge, mobile, and embedded database available to developers.
Downloads available today on the Berkeley DB download page