Sunday Sep 30, 2007
Wednesday May 30, 2007
By bblfish on May 30, 2007
Last week I rented a car to go to the Semantic Technology conference in San Jose. I had hoped it would work out as a means to my getting a cheaper hotel, but there were just too many interesting conversation every evening that went on late into the night (3 am in one case) that using a car was not advisable. So in the end this was a completely useless expense: $40/day for the car + $26/day for the parking + the expensive hotel! Next time I'll rent a bicycle. Or at least give the car right back (I did not know that one can return corporate rented cars quite easily).
In the end I kept the car for Sunday and drove around some part of the Bay Area that would have been more difficult to access by foot.
Here are some pictures:
There are a lot of cyclists around the bay. That made me feel really guilty of having a ton of metal just to move my ass around.
Closer to the ocean the weather is a little more overcast
I went a couple of days without a car again. Then today I got one, thinking I may have to go to the Santa Clara campus, which is a little complicated to get to using public transport (at least when one does not know the timetables well). I keep thinking that a cycle and the train combination should get one most places.
- Last Days at Sun Microsystems
- Chaos Computer Club reveals massive airport security hole
- Faviki: social bookmarking for 2010
- Food Envy - a short silent comedy
- Pirate Party gets naked in Berlin to protest airport scanners
- Mr Security: patrolling public spaces
- After Virtue: history, ethics and identity
- MISC 2010 and the Internet of Subjects
- Web Finger proposals overview
- Identity in the Browser, Firefox style