some UI changes in the pipeline

I have been working during the past week on incorporating some of the suggestions I received from my friendly beta testers. Some of this has required me to do a lot more work with Swing than I ever did before, so the learning curve has been a little steep, but I think I am really getting the hang of it now, though there is clearly still a huge amount out there :-)

One element I am hoping to make a little clearer is that the first entry in BlogEd is the title entry. I am doing this by placing information about the entry into the left hand pane. Also since the title entry cannot be published using the MetaWeblog API I have added a little glass pane with a message to indicate this.

The categories combo box would only be visible for MetaWeblog API users at first. This still needs to be implemented.

The look is a lot better I think already. Even though it may not seem like a huge change, when one is learning to Swing, getting a few small things right can be quite tricky. What is nice though is to see how mature the framework now is. So at least I don't have to worry as I did in Java1.0 days about whether its a knowledge or a framework problem. Now I know that it's just my problem. The documentation for Swing is also really good now.

And the more I play with this the more ideas I am having...

Oh. I have not yet put the above in CVS... I hope to have a new beta this week.

Comments:

Post a Comment:
Comments are closed for this entry.
About

bblfish

Search

Archives
« April 2014
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
    
       
Today