new beta of bloged
By bblfish on May 23, 2005
There was a lot of work in the look and feel side of things. Not all of it is quite finished, but it should give an idea of where things are moving to.
- The infinite progress panel is in
- setting the properties is much more userfriendly, though there are a few things that still can be done
- error in xml-rpc comunication are much clearer
- the general UI is cleaner. Is this better? I have lots of ideas on improving things a lot more, but there is just one of me...
- the user is notified that editing the blog header is not helpful in the MetaWeblog api publishing side of things
Some things I did not get to put in, but which I will be working on in the next week: I'd be glad to hear of any intial thoughts, keeping in mind that there are some things that still need to be done. Are people happy with the general direction this is evolving in?
- categories functionality
- improving the properties panel, so that the user can choose to download all remote entries when setting up his connection. Also I want to do a real xml-rpc test.
- fix some of the smaller unclarities of language people pointed out in the previous review
- speed up of initial synchronisation
You may need to clear your jnlp cache to get it to download the new version. Is there a way to make sure it picks up on new versions?
Note: before you start testing this version you should delete (or displace) your old xxxx.blog directory that you created previously. This will give you a fresh start.