Monday Nov 22, 2010
Here you can find a press release from the GSMA about their new initiate about a embedded SIM card. Most people think the recent rumours about the collaboration between Gemalto And Applet about embedded SIM is behind this. Subscription management is something that was under discussion now for some years especially in the M2M area, there is a 3GPP SA3 TR about subscriptions management for M2M devices. I think it is good that the carriers take here the initiate and get their act together. The interesting question will be how, when and where will this be trickle down into the standards organizations.
By Sebastian Hans on Nov 22, 2010
After the approval of the HCI API in ETSI SCP in June 2010 and the upgrade of all specs that are referencing Java Card to reference Java Card 3.0.1 Classic the 3GPP CT6 groups has alos agreed to upgrade the references to the same level. Now these spec will go for approval to the next CT plenary.
Everything about Java Card, SIM cards and GlobalPlatform.
- GSMA starts a new initiative to develop an embedded SIM
- all 3GPP specs are referencing Java Card 3.0.1 Classic
- Contactless API for Java Card(TM) for the UICC platform approved by ETSI SCP
- European project IFM select Java Card as interop platform
- A SIM card with it's onw WLAN interface
- GlobalPlatform works on IP connectivity for smartcards
- A new blog about smartcards
- Finally it's done Amendment C will be published
- Steak Frites@Cartes
- NFC services on the SIM, it's coming together