Thursday Mar 19, 2009
Sunday Jan 25, 2009
By Sebastian Hans on Jan 25, 2009
Adoption in standards and adoption of standards or specs by other standards is one of the most important things in the smart card or Java Card world. Therefore it is good news that ETSI SCP (the guys developing the standards for SIM cards) have agreed to reference the latest specifications from GlobalPlatform (the guys developing the specs for the management of cards and card applications), version 2.2 and the "UICC configuration".
Everything about Java Card, SIM cards and GlobalPlatform.
- GSMA starts a new initiative to develop an embedded SIM
- all 3GPP specs are referencing Java Card 3.0.1 Classic
- Contactless API for Java Card(TM) for the UICC platform approved by ETSI SCP
- European project IFM select Java Card as interop platform
- A SIM card with it's onw WLAN interface
- GlobalPlatform works on IP connectivity for smartcards
- A new blog about smartcards
- Finally it's done Amendment C will be published
- Steak Frites@Cartes
- NFC services on the SIM, it's coming together