By barton808 on Mar 27, 2008
At the Free Software Foundation's members meeting that I recently attended, I was able to grab FSF board member Henri Poole. I caught Henri right after he gave his talk, "Hollywood and Free Software." I don't know about you but "Free Software" and "Hollywood" are not words that I often see in the same sentence.
Who is Henri?
- FSF board member since 2002
- Co-founder of CivicActions which, among other things, is working on Peter Gabriel's Witness project, creating the WITNESS video hub.
- A Berkeleyite who began hacking code as teenager in Oklahoma
- The former head of Mandrake Soft.
- The former Director of Technology for Dennis Kucinich's US Presidential campaign.
Some of the topics we tackle:
- The writers strike and how it provided for a receptive audience
- Meeting up with 15 members of the writers guild at the house of the writer of Schindler's List
- The birth of "Virtual Artists": entertainment and software writers coming together to enlighten the world through a new form of story telling.
- Matching the technology with the strategic direction
- Looking for management, funding and what the next few months holds.
Pau for now...