By barton808 on Jan 04, 2008
Last but not least, here is the interview I conducted with Rick Clark, a recent Canonical employee brought on to head their server group.
An artsy picture of Rick (ie I forgot to snap a pic and had to crop this from another picture I took.)
Who is Rick?
- Head of Canonical's server team
- Former big company guy (E\*Trade, McKesson etc.) with a background in security architecture and system engineering.
- Father of twins who like to help daddy enter data.
- A Thrashers fan (who knew Atlanta had an NHL team?!)
Some of the topics we tackle:
- Why Rick busted a move to Canonical and world of Free Software.
- Having to walk the line between being true to the ideals of Free Software while at the same time providing a system that allows companies to "just do business."
- Working closely with upstream partners
- What he's been pleasantly surprised by at Canonical and what has taken some getting used to.
- The march towards Hardy.