By barton808 on May 15, 2008
Last week, at the end of JavaOne day one, I was able to grab the JRuby dynamic duo for a podcast. Tom Enebo and Charlie Nutter turned out to be really nice guys, must be their midwestern roots, and were a pleasure to talk to (I also learned a lot :).
Charlie Nutter and Tom Enebo -- the JRuby dyanmic duo (and wearing the shirts to prove it).
Some of the topics we tackle:
- A historical background, Ruby, then Rails, then JRuby.
- What the guys were doing pre-Sun and how Tim Bray lured them to the fiery orb.
- Three licenses is better than one (GPL, CPL, LGPL)
- How JRuby is working with GlassFish and NetBeans.
- The DaVinci machine project, jMaki and what ever happened to AJAX?
- Might we see a JPerl?
- Looking to get more involved with MySQL