By barton808 on May 09, 2008
Stephen and David toast the launch with their expensive crystal glasses at the OpenSolaris install fest at CommunityOne.
Some of the topics we tackle:
- How to balance attracting new developers with making sure we keep the customers and developers who've traditionally been using Solaris.
- Where we've borrowed from and what we've borrowed.
- Stephen drills down on the Image Packaging System (IPS) and explains why we decided to roll our own.
- How IPS compares to apt-get.
- The easy conversion of system V packages to IPS.
- Where OpenSolaris is heading over the next year