By barton808 on Jul 30, 2008
I came bearing gifts. Sam holding a real operating system (turns out he already had BeleniX loaded)
Some of the topics we tackle:
- His new position and team (its grown from 12 to 112 people and spans 65 countries) and what they're responsible for.
- Strategy without execution is hallucination
- The two licenses Microsoft submitted (one BSD-like and the other copyleft and which allows dual licensing), and got approved by the OSI last year.
- The importance of interoperability and making sure MS stuff works well with Linux/Solaris etc.
- The work they've been doing with the Jeremy Allison and the Samba team
- Ballmer's recent quote regarding Open Source and "recovering their agnosticism"
- What Sam's proudest over the last year and shout outs to team members.
Want more Sam? Check out this Infoweek article, also from OSCON.
Pau for now...