By barton808 on Apr 25, 2008
Here is number 5 in my series of six podcasts from last week's MySQL conference and expo.
Just after lunch on Tuesday, I was able to corner Brian Aker, former CTO of MySQL, introduce myself and ask him if he was up for a podcast. Without any convincing or arm twisting he happily agreed. :)
Brian's lenses adapt to match the art around him.
Some of the topics we tackle:
- Brian's parade of titles and where he's ended up within Sun
- Amazon.com, durable memory, and what that means for EC2
- Getting Memcached to run on larger systems
- Getting access to larger hardware in general and being able to address scalability issues first hand
- What OS Brian runs on his laptop
- The coolest thing about MySQL