'Tis the Season: Debian Project Leader Elections
By barton808 on Mar 21, 2008
Well here in the U.S. the election primary season is in full swing (as if you didn't know). Barack? Hillary? McCain? (Oh, and by the way did I mention enough times that I went to school with Barack/Barry?)
The Open Solaris Governing Board is in the midst of its campaigning/elections with voting closing on Monday and the winners announced on Tuesday and the Debian GNU/Linux distro is in the middle of its Project Leader campaigning period.
Debian Project Leader '08 Elections
Voting for the Debian Project Leader runs between March 30 and April 13 with the victor ascending on April 17.
In the running in this year's election are:
The Line of Kings
For those of you interested in history, since its inception, there have been 10 project leaders for Debian:
- Ian Murdock (August 1993 – March 1996), founder of the Debian Project
- Bruce Perens (April 1996 – December 1997)
- Ian Jackson (January 1998 – December 1998)
- Wichert Akkerman (January 1999 – March 2001)
- Ben Collins (April 2001 – April 2002)
- Bdale Garbee (April 2002 – April 2003)
- Martin Michlmayr (March 2003 – March 2005)
- Branden Robinson (April 2005 – April 2006)
- Anthony Towns (April 2006 – April 2007)
- Sam Hocevar (April 2007 – present)
Who will be lucky #11? (not to be confused with client #9)
Good luck to all three and may the best man win! :)
Pau for now...