Peter Bojanic of Lustre - Hows the integration going? Advice for MySQL?
By barton808 on Feb 26, 2008
With the MySQL closing hapening today, I thought I'd check in with someone from a similar past acquisition and see how it was going. So I picked up the phone and called Peter Bojanic, director of Lustre up in Halifax.
Lustre, as you may remember was acquired by Sun near the end of last year. Like MySQL, it is basically a virtual company and its employees are spread all over the world. Also like MySQL, and even to a greater degree, it is business is focused on the GNU/Linux platform (in fact, it is a key element of the new CentOS-based Ranger supercomputer).
Some of the topics we tackle:
- How the first three months of integration has gone for Lustre
- How the Lustre integration and its geographically dispersed workers have served as a template for the MySQL integration
- What advice he has for MySQL regarding the acquisition
- The strong surge in support for GNU/Linux that he has seen at Sun
- Sun's focus on Open Source and doing things in an open way.