Talkin' with Fedora's Spot
By barton808 on Feb 27, 2008
Right across from the Sun booth at SCALE was none other that Tom "Spot" Callaway and the Fedora stand. I had only spoken to Tom over email and actually owed him a response regarding how we might be able to assist with their SPARC port.
It was great to meet him in person and I figured that since he was there I might as well podcast him. Turned out to be a great decision.
You cant fake that grin!
Who is Spot?
- The Fedora engineering manager
- The person responsible for the Aurora SPARC Linux Project (a port of Fedora to SPARC).
- The guy responsible for RPM Packaging Standards and Practices on the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee
- A maintainer of tons o' packages (a lot that seem to have to do with Perl)
- An eight-year Red Hat employee.
- A major deity among prosimians who, according to his Bio, is worshipped by lemurs throughout the known universe.
Some of the topics we tackle:
- The upcoming Fedora 9 due out in April
- What does it mean to be the Fedora engineering manager
- How he plays Spock to Paul Frields' Kirk
- What the heck is a Spin?
- How he rode the High Availability gravy train into Red Hat