MySQL Conf08 - My Interview with Jennifer Venable of Red Hat
By barton808 on Apr 23, 2008
Last Tuesday when I was walking the show floor at the MySQL conference, I ran into a familiar name, Jennifer Venable. I had never met Jennifer before but we had traded mails and had spoken on the phone. This was about 18 months ago when we were negotiating the renewal of Sun's contract as an Authorized Distributor of Red Hat. At that time, Jennifer was the Red Hat lawyer working on the contract.
Well since that time Jennifer has escaped from the Red Hat legal ranks and has joined the business side where, as of a couple of months ago, she took over as head of the Red Hat Exchange.
Take a listen.
The venerable Ms. Venable.
Some of the topics we tackle:
- What is Red Hat Exchange (RHX) and where is now located within Red Hat's org.
- The ISVs that RHX focuses on (open source ISVs that also offer support)
- Whats an EPEL (Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux) and how they sit between Fedora and RHEL.
- How Jennifer made her way from legal beagle to RHX head.
- The upcoming Red Hat Summit, June 18-20 in Boston, and how this year it will be co-located with FUDCon.