Gordon Haff of Illuminata shares his views from OSCON
By barton808 on Aug 07, 2008
My last podcast from OSCON is with industry pundit Gordon Haff of Illuminata (I actually also recorded an interview with someone from Amazon Web Services but their PR department nixed it after the fact).
I originally did an interview with Gordon at the Red Hat Summit back in June but due the vagueries of technology, it vanished. Gordon was kind enough to give me a make up in Portland.
A man of many words.
Some of the topics we tackle:
- Why Gordon was attending OSCON. It has something to do with "philosophical underpinnings."
- Red Hat as the most successful pure-play Open Source software company.
- How IBM has used Open Source to sell proprietary software.
- While Microsoft may be "Dead in Theory," it keeps turning a profit.
- Ubuntu's chances in the enterprise space
- Sun, a clear set of strategies around Open Source. What about execution?
For more Gordon-from-OSCON, check out this piece he did from up there: The Attribution Problem
Pau for now...