AMD and OpenSolaris -- Margaret Lewis of AMD
By barton808 on May 12, 2008
Right before CommunityOne I caught up with Margaret Lewis, based here in Austin, who is the director of Commercial software at AMD. We chatted about AMD's support and commitment to OpenSolaris.
Some of the topics we tackle:
- AMD's commitment to Open Source.
- How AMD is setting up dedicated software resources in their center in Germany to focus on optimizing AMD's chips for OpenSolaris and how they are putting back all the changes.
- AMD's virtualization work with the Xen hypervisor and how that feeds into the work that OpenSolaris has been doing.
- AMD's work with Java and Java tuning.
- AMD's power down feature, "PowerNow!"