Oracle SOA for Healthcare - Setting Endpoint Acknowledgement Acceptance
By cdwright on Jan 16, 2013
Acknowledgment acceptance in SOA Suite for Healthcare is globally set through the console at the document level. Currently there is no way to override the global setting for an endpoint in the SOA for Healthcare console. The illustration below shows acknowledgment acceptance being set in the document type definition in the SOA for Healthcare console
At this time, the only way to work around this problem is to use the B2B console to override the document type parameters for a given endpoint. This is generally frowned upon by Oracle Product Management and should only be considered a temporary fix. Oracle does not encourage users of SOA Suite for Healthcare to use the B2B console to modify HL7 endpoint configurations created in the SOA for Healthcare console. Doing so, in some cases may cause inconsistent results.
The illustration below shows the HL7 endpoint configuration as viewed through the B2B console. The B2B console has the ability to override the global document type parameter settings by trading partner (or endpoint in SOA for Healthcare).
The proceedure to set the acknowledgment acceptance method for an SOA for Healthcare endpoint is as follows. The illustration above shows the B2B console being used to modify the DocType Parameters for an SOA for Healthcare HL7 endpoint configuration.
- Bring up the B2B console for the SOA for Healthcare instance with the URL http://<hostname>:<port>/b2bconsole
- On the Partners page, select the desired endpoint in the Partner window on the left side of the page. Next click the Documents tab in the top of the right hand window of the same page.
- In the Document Details section of the right hand window, check the box next to ‘Override DocType Param’.
- Select the Document Type tab in the Document Details section of the page. The transaction tab will appear below it.
- Select the ‘Accept Acknowledgment’ parameter from the drop down list.
- ‘Save’ the new DocType Parameter settings.