Wednesday Feb 12, 2014
Tuesday Feb 11, 2014
By Andy Tael-Oracle on Feb 11, 2014
Have you wondered what the future of embedded devices looks like?
Have you ever wanted to create your own weather station or design a device to control the lights in your home automatically?
All of these questions will be answered in this practical hands-on course. This course introduces Java developers to the world of embedded devices and the Internet of Things (IoT). Embedded controllers are already a part of our lives. Meters read electric and water usage and send the readings to a central office. Electronic thermostats turn on the heat and air conditioning as required.
This course is free (besides the necessary hardware, which should cost bout $150).
Wednesday Oct 23, 2013
By Andy Tael-Oracle on Oct 23, 2013
The course teaches experienced Java SE developers how to design and develop applications using Java ME Embedded 8 EA on a Raspberry Pi with physical devices, including: switches and Light Emitting Diodes (LED); temperature/barometric pressure sensors; Global Positioning System (GPS) sensors; and system interrupt timers. Additional modules include logging, threads, network I/O, file I/O, record management service, push registry, application management services and best practices for headless embedded devices.Sounds like great fun doesn't it? Read more about the course and give us your feedback in this short survey.
Friday Sep 06, 2013
By Andy Tael-Oracle on Sep 06, 2013
Are you looking to learn about Java Embedded at JavaOne? Click the link and it will give you a long list of things that is happening at JavaOne:
Tuesday Apr 16, 2013
By Andy Tael-Oracle on Apr 16, 2013
I am so glad to see this:
Great job Oracle Java Development!
Andy's blog about the world of embedded Java, Oracle Java Cloud Service and my more fun things!
- Freescale FRDM-K64F - Hardware, Software, Firmware and Java ME 8.1
- IoT at Oracle OpenWorld 2014
- Oracle releases Java ME 8 today!
- Learn How to Plug Into the Internet of Things
- Adafruit Ultimate GPS using UART configuration on Raspberry Pi
- I2C and SPI on Raspberry Pi Configuration
- Breaking News - Java ME 8 Early Access #2
- Things needed for the upcoming Oracle Java ME Embedded MOOC
- Develop Java Embedded Applications Using a Raspberry Pi for free (well almost)
- Things are getting really interesting - NetBeans IDE 8.0 Beta