Oracle releases Java ME 8 today!
By Andy Tael-Oracle on Apr 30, 2014
Java ME provides a robust, flexible environment for applications running on embedded and mobile: microcontrollers, sensors, gateways, mobile phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), TV set-top boxes, printers and more. It includes robust security, built-in network protocols, and support for networked and offline applications. Oracle Java ME Embedded 8 is an implementation of the recently approved Java ME 8 standard, and includes support of alignment with Java SE 8 language features and APIs, an enhanced services-enabled application platform, and the ability to right-size the platform to address a wide range of devices in the Internet of Things. Application development is supported through the Oracle Java ME SDK 8.
So this is what you need to do:
- Download the Java ME 8 SDK
- Download the Java ME Embedded 8
- Check out the Java ME Embedded Documentation and Additional Resources
- Read the Java ME Developer Tool Documentation
- Ask questions at the Java ME Embedded Forum
- Follow @javaembedded