Friday Feb 14, 2014
Wednesday Feb 12, 2014
By Andy Tael-Oracle on Feb 12, 2014
Tuesday Feb 11, 2014
By Andy Tael-Oracle on Feb 11, 2014
Have you wondered what the future of embedded devices looks like?
Have you ever wanted to create your own weather station or design a device to control the lights in your home automatically?
All of these questions will be answered in this practical hands-on course. This course introduces Java developers to the world of embedded devices and the Internet of Things (IoT). Embedded controllers are already a part of our lives. Meters read electric and water usage and send the readings to a central office. Electronic thermostats turn on the heat and air conditioning as required.
This course is free (besides the necessary hardware, which should cost bout $150).
Andy's blog about the world of embedded Java, Oracle Java Cloud Service and my more fun things!
- Freescale FRDM-K64F - Hardware, Software, Firmware and Java ME 8.1
- IoT at Oracle OpenWorld 2014
- Oracle releases Java ME 8 today!
- Learn How to Plug Into the Internet of Things
- Adafruit Ultimate GPS using UART configuration on Raspberry Pi
- I2C and SPI on Raspberry Pi Configuration
- Breaking News - Java ME 8 Early Access #2
- Things needed for the upcoming Oracle Java ME Embedded MOOC
- Develop Java Embedded Applications Using a Raspberry Pi for free (well almost)
- Things are getting really interesting - NetBeans IDE 8.0 Beta