By arungupta on Jul 14, 2007
- "Unlike other events in running, the marathon is ultimate test of fortitude. Therefore, once the decision to run has been made dedication is paramount."
- "Especially when your legs ache from training, putting in the miles is essential to self-improvement."
- "In running, you can never recover. You can redline all you want but never go past the breaking point until the final sprint."
- "As the race approaches it is paramount that all distractions disappear. It's equally important that all doubts be cast aside. Remember, the marathon is not without adversity, not without pain."
- "The more pain I can take, the better runner I'll be."
And some simple lessons:
- Stay on pace.
- Don't get caught up into surges.
- Don't go into oxygen debt, breathe.
- Use your arms, relax your arms.
- More tension makes your steps shorter.
And the best one I liked:
- "To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield" from Ulysses
Watch a trailer of the movie
Another one of my favorite is Chariots of Fire.