By arungupta on Jan 06, 2011
- Make sure to understand what you are getting for the quoted price. Some providers include only basic services and the cost may go up if additional features are required. Some providers may quote a low price (to be enticing) but the capabilities may not meet your demands.
- Check with providers for the exact version of GlassFish as some of them have an outdated website.
- Some providers charge tax on top of the quoted price so your overall cost maybe higher.
- Not all providers provide dedicated, VPS, shared server
- This is not an exhaustive list as you can pick any hosting provider serving VPS and install GlassFish over there. From the list below, some provide GlassFish
And now the list (based upon information from the public websites) ...
|Hosting Provider||GlassFish Version||Plans / Cost|
|RimuHosting||3.0.1 and earlier||VPS starting at $29.95/month, Dedicated $145/month|
|eApps||3.0.1 and earlier||VPS starting at $33/month|
|Vision Web Hosting||Website says 2.x but customers are using v3||VPS starting at $20/month|
|entnic.net||v2||Solaris VPS starting at $25/month. More details on GlassFish Hosting.|
|WebAppCabaret||3.0.1 and earlier||VPS server starting at $49/month, Dedicated Server, Shared Server also available|
|1st Rental Server (Japan)||Not listed||Starting at $30/month|
|Enciva (US or UK)||v3||Starting at $39.99/month or £25.00/month, GlassFish+Oracle|
|DeSystems (UK)||Solaris Zone, Solaris Root||Starts at 15.90 EUR/month|
|MochaHost||Not listed||Starts at $17.37/month|
|glassfishhosting.com||All versions, Dedicated servers||Dedicated servers, Provide consulting/training as well, Call to find pricing|
|eroute.net||v2||VPS server starting at $56.95/month|
|JSPZone.net||Not listed||VPS server starting at $56.95/month|
|Kattare Hosting||Not listed||Shared hosting starts at $9/month|
|Prominic||3.0.1 and earlier||VPS server starting at $29/month, dedicated at $219/month|
|Oxxus.net||v2 UR1||VPS server starting at $19.95/month|
|EOpen Solutions (Ecuador)||Not listed||Starts at $530/year|
|Sanver ESolutions (India)||3.0.1||Starts at about $110/month, Initial setup cost of $110 (waived with annual payment)|
|PairOne Networks||Not listed||VPS server starting at $25/month,|
|Java Hoster (France)||3.0.1||300€/year ??|
Happy to take any updates/corrections!
In addition to the ones listed above, you can pretty much pick any hosting provider that offers Solaris, Linux, Ubuntu or any kind of VPS and install GlassFish over there easily, e.g. dedicatedsunservers.com or even Amazon EC2.
The list at GlassFish wiki is also updated to reflect this information.
Here are some screencasts for you to get started:
- Screencast #36 talks about how to develop your Java EE 6 applications using Eclipse
- Screencast #33 shows Glassfish 3.1 features in NetBeans 7.0
- Screencast #32 shows how to develop OSGi-enabled Java EE Apps in GlassFish
- Screencast #30 shows how to develop your Java EE 6 applications using NetBeans
- And lot more at youtube.com/user/GlassFishVideos.
Where / How are you deploying your GlassFish applications ?