Friday Sep 24, 2010
Tuesday Sep 21, 2010
Oracle Open World / Java One 2010 Pics - Hands-on Lab Session, General Session Technical Keynote, Java Champions and JUG Leader Dinner
By arungupta on Sep 21, 2010
Monday Sep 20, 2010
By arungupta on Sep 20, 2010
Oracle Open World / Java One 2010 Pics - Java Champions / JUG Leaders Meet/Greet, GlassFish Community Event/Party
By arungupta on Sep 20, 2010
Totally love this picture of some of the Java Champions and JUG leaders:
And the evolving album at:
Saturday Sep 18, 2010
By arungupta on Sep 18, 2010
|This is going to be my 12th JavaOne and first one not in Moscone :-) JavaOne is at a different location this year so navigate.oracle.com is an interactive tool to help you navigate through Oracle Open World, JavaOne, and Oracle Develop.|
GlassFish cheatsheet provides all the detail information about GlassFish's presence at JavaOne 2010. There are about 50 GlassFish-related sessions / BoFs / hands-on labs / panel this year so it's going to be exciting!
Where am I doing at JavaOne ...
- Sunday - GlassFish Community Event @ Moscone South Room #252, (2:30 - 4:30pm)
- Monday - Booth duty @ Java EE 6 booth @ Java DEMOGrounds (9:15 - Noon)
- Monday - Java EE 6 & GlassFish video interview @ OTN lounge (2:30 - 3pm)
- Monday - Java EE 6 & GlassFish demos at OTN party (Monday 7 - 9pm)
- Tuesday - Hands-on lab on OSGi-enabled Java EE applications (S313522, Hilton, Plaza A)
- Tuesday - Java EE 6 & GlassFish demo at the Technical General Session Keynote (Tuesday 2:30 - 4pm)
- Wednesday - Contexts & Dependency Injection in the Java EE ecosystem (S313937, 10-11am, Hilton, Continental Parlor 1/2/3)
- Wednesday - Booth duty @ GlassFish Open Source booth @ Java DEMOGrounds (2:15 - 4:45pm)
And I'm yet to prepare a list of sessions that I'd like to attend :-)
If you are using GlassFish in deployment, love the simplicity and ease-of-use of Java EE 6, use the cutting edge builds of GlassFish 3.1, or have a comment to make about GlassFish - track me down and I'll be happy to record a quick video session with you!
Parties to attend ...
- Sunday - GlassFish party (7:30 - 9:30pm @ Thirsty Bear)
- Monday - OTN Party (7:30 - 10:30pm @ Howard Street Tent)
- Wednesday - OOW bloggers meetup (5:30pm @ Jillians)
- Wednesday - Customer Appreciation Party (7:30pm - 12am @ Treasure Island)
- Thursday - Its a Wrap (4pm @ Yerba Buena Gardens)
There are other dinners and cocktails planned which will be squeezed in between these parties :-) BTW, am I missing any good parties though ?
Keynotes to attend ...
- Welcome keynote on Sunday by Larry Ellison & gang (Sunday 5:30 - 7:30pm)
- OOW keynote on Monday by Mark Hurd & gang (8:00 - 9:45am)
- JavaOne keynote on Monday by Thomas Kurian (5:45 - 7:15pm)
- OOW keynote on Tuesday by Thomas Kurian (8:00 - 9:45am)
- JavaOne General Session Technical Keynote on Tuesday (2:30 - 4pm)
- OOW keynote on Wednesday by Larry Ellison (2:30 - 4:15pm)
- JavaOne Keynote by Ray Kurzweil on Thursday (9 - 10:30am)
All these sessions will be streamed from OTN Live.
Keep using #glassfish, #javaee6, #javaone, #oow hashtags and you might get featured in the JavaOne technical session keynote :-)
We want your GlassFish related photos! - Do you have a picture with GlassFish tatoo, hat, tee-shirt, number plate, playing cards, or any other goodies from previous or this year's JavaOne ? Leave a comment on this blog or share them at @arungupta.
Check out JavaOne and Oracle Develop community - social networking and scheduling tool for JavaOne and Oracle Develop.
For San Francisco visitors, there are several things to do while you are in the city. If you are a runner, don't forget to run over the Golden Gate bridge or up the steep hills, they are really good!
Personally I'm looking forward to meet GlassFish team members from all over the world, our community members, @IanSkerrett, @richsharples, @mojavelinux, @emmanuelbernard, @whoiswen, @terrencebarr, @matkar, @brjavaman, @fabianenardon, @BertErtman, @ktukker, @myfear, @maltron, @harshadoak, @alexgorbachev, @javaclimber, @AdamBien, @doug_clarke, @SachaLabourey, @kohsukekawa, @vivekpandey, @ghrd, @johanvos, @aalmiray, @vanriper, @robilad, @rsim, and many others ...
JavaOne baby, yeaaaah JavaOne, lets rock-n-roll and have some fun!
Arun Gupta is a technology enthusiast, a passionate runner, author, and a community guy who works for Oracle Corp.
Java EE 7 Samples
- So long Oracle ...
- Silicon Valley Code Camp Kids Track 2013
- JavaOne 2013 Conference Report
- JavaOne 2013: Java EE 7, GlassFish Community Event, Book Signing, Geek Bike Ride, Hallway Track, ...
- Java EE 7 Launch Celebrations in Africa Trip Report
- Java EE 7 Essentials from O'Reilly: Now Available in Paperback and Ebook
- Java EE 7 in Africa
- BeanManager: Obtain Contextual Reference to Beans (TOTD #215)
- JSON Binding with JAX-RS - Moxy, JSON-P, Jackson, Jettison (TOTD #214)
- Geek Bike Ride at JavaOne Shanghai