By arungupta on Jul 31, 2011
Java 7, GlassFish 3.1.1, and NetBeans 7.0.1 provide a complete and integrated solution for developing and deploying your Java EE 6 applications very efficiently. This awesome threesome is now available for download.
|After 4 years, 7 months, and 17
days of releasing Java SE 6 and working with the community Java 7 is
The main features are:
If the language is the living room, then JVM is the basement.
Project Coin is a new furniture in the living room that will make your life more comfortable.
- Java EE 6 now supports JDK 7 providing a more comprehensive feature-set with: enhanced developer productivity, better performance, and a more extensive runtime
- More extensive platform support with AIX 6.1 and 7.1 integration and support for Solaris 11 Express Edition.
- Oracle GlassFish Server provides 64-bit load balancing plug-in support for better performance and faster runtime
- Peformance and stability enhancements to Weld, Bean Validation and Jersey runtimes
- Support now available for OSGi/HTTP, OSGi/Web, OSGi/JDBC OSGi/Java EE Hybrid applications including
- Improved fidelity when using GlassFish Embedded APIs
- For existing users, upgrade using Update
- Release Notes (PDF) and Docs
- Java EE 6 SDK Update 3
- Java EE
and GlassFish Forum
They key features are:
- Full JDK 7 support: Running NetBeans IDE on top of JDK 7, and support for the final version of the JDK 7 language features
- Integration of recent patches
- Performance improvements
- GlassFish 3.1.1 integrated
- Download NetBeans 7.0.1 OR
- If you already have NetBeans IDE 7.0 installed, launch the IDE and an update notification will appear. Click the alert-box to install the updates.