By arungupta on Feb 16, 2008
|Download - The first step for any successful enterprise deployment is to download GlassFish - the best open source Application Server (see What's the big deal about GlassFish ?). You can download, develop and deploy your applications on GlassFish completely FREE.|
The benefits that comes along with download are:
- All the major releases like GlassFish v2, minor releases like GlassFish v2 UR1 and nightly builds are available.
- Each build is accompanied by excellent tutorials, tech tips, blogs and comprehensive documentation.
- Get your questions answered by the community via GlassFish Forum or user lists.
- Use Update Center to add new functionalty or update existing binaries.
|Register - After GlassFish is downloaded and installed, you can easily register your instance by providing an email address. You can register by following these instructions.|
The registration gives you the following benefits (in addition to the ones available in Download):
- Access to aggregate contents like tech tips, bugs fixed, latest news and promotions.
|Subscribe - Once your application is deployed and you need quality support in maintaining it then it's strongly recommended to buy the subscription. You can purchase the subscription here.|
Here are the unique benefits that comes along with subscription (in addition to the ones available in Register):
- Ability to escalate bugs for an out of cycle patch or engineering attention
- Low risk, tested fixes and features for mission critical
- Enterprise level production support SLA - Standard, Premium or Premium Plus. Ensures 4 hour response for any question for Standard and Live Transfer for Premium and Premium Plus.
- Indemnification for both parties
- Live person technical support
- Proactive to Sun Alerts and Notifications
- Access to Sun Knowledge Base
The benefits at different steps are also summarized here.
Sun provides support for GlassFish through our distribution Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 (SJSAS 9.1). So if you have already downloaded then go ahead and register. If you have already registered and ready for deployment then download SJSAS 9.1 and buy a subscription. And be confident of your enterprise applications!
Technorati: glassfish appserver javaee deployment enterprise download register subscribe