By arungupta on Nov 04, 2012
JMaghreb is the inaugural Java conference organized by Morocco JUG. It is the biggest Java conference in Maghreb (5 countries in North West Africa).
Oracle was the exclusive platinum sponsor with several others. The registrations had to be closed at 1412 for the free conference and several folks were already on the waiting list. Rabat with 531 registrations and Casablanca with 426 were the top cities. Some statistics ...
- 850+ attendees over 2 days, 500+ every day
- 30 sessions were delivered by 18 speakers from 10 different
- 10 sessions in French and 20 in English
- 6 of the speakers spoke at JavaOne 2012
- 8 will be at Devoxx
- Attendees from 5 different countries and 57 cities in Morocco
- 40.9% qualified them as professional and rest as students
- Topics ranged from HTML5, Java EE 7, ADF, JavaFX, MySQL, JCP, Vaadin, Android, Community, JCP
- Java EE 6 hands-on lab was sold out within 7 minutes and JavaFX in 12 minutes
- 25% using NetBeans, 90% on Eclipse, 3 on JDeveloper, 1 on IntelliJ
- About 10 subscribers to free online Java
magazine. This digital magazine is a comprehensive source
of information for everything Java - subscribe
- About 10-15% using Java SE 7. Download
JDK 7 and get started today! Even JDK 8 builds
have been available for a while now.