Wednesday Aug 03, 2011
Sunday Aug 17, 2008
By arungupta on Aug 17, 2008
- Open up the original
image in Gimp.
The original image has an embedded color profile and needs to be
converted to RGB. Opening the original image shows the following
Click on "Convert".
- Select "Tools", "Selection Tools", "Fuzzy Select" as shown:
and click anywhere on the white background. There are numerous types of selection tools available but mostly the background needs to be made transparent.
- Select "Layer" menu item, "Transparency", "Add Alpha
Channel" as shown:
- Select "Edit" menu item, "Clear" to make the selection
- Finally save the image with default settings. Make sure to give the extension as ".png", just specifying the file type as "PNG" does not automatically provide the right extension. And the transparent GlassFish image is available here.
If "Add Alpha Channel" menu item is disabled then proceed to the next step.
How do you intend to use them ? :)
Technorati: totd gimp glassfish image
Sunday Jan 20, 2008
Arun Gupta is a technology enthusiast, a passionate runner, author, and a community guy who works for Oracle Corp.
Java EE 7 Samples
- So long Oracle ...
- Silicon Valley Code Camp Kids Track 2013
- JavaOne 2013 Conference Report
- JavaOne 2013: Java EE 7, GlassFish Community Event, Book Signing, Geek Bike Ride, Hallway Track, ...
- Java EE 7 Launch Celebrations in Africa Trip Report
- Java EE 7 Essentials from O'Reilly: Now Available in Paperback and Ebook
- Java EE 7 in Africa
- BeanManager: Obtain Contextual Reference to Beans (TOTD #215)
- JSON Binding with JAX-RS - Moxy, JSON-P, Jackson, Jettison (TOTD #214)
- Geek Bike Ride at JavaOne Shanghai