By arungupta on Nov 05, 2009
JFall is the annual conference of NL JUG - the 11 year old JUG of Netherlands. This year its happening on Nov 11 at SPANT!
I'll be speaking on Java EE 6 & GlassFish v3 (14:20 - 15:10) there and have lots of cool demos to show through out the talk. And also stay tuned for a brand new demo that shows JavaFX and GlassFish v3 integration.
With over 1000 attendees, the conference is already sold out so if you have not registered yet then you have to wait until next year :)
Here is the list of several Sun sessions:
- Writing Asynchronous Web Application (Comet) using the Atmosphere Framework
- Event driven Architecture with Glassfish ESB
- Keynote - Enterprise 2.0: New Technologies, Innovations and Communities
- JavaFX: Building Real World Applications
- JDK7: What's In and What's Not
- Java and JavaFX Technology and the Nintendo Wiimote: Just How Much Fun Can You Have?
- Java EE 6 and GlassFish v3: Paving the path for future
Here are the sessions that I'd like to attend:
- 9:00 0 -9:15: Opening
- 9:15 - 10:00: Keynote - Enterprise 2.0: New Technologies, Innovations and Communities
- 11:20 - 12:10 Scaling Out with Hadoop and NoSql
- 14:20 - 15:10: Java EE 6 and GlassFish v3: Paving the path for future (of course this one :)
- 15:45 - 16:35:
- 16:40 - 17:30:
Most of the sessions are in Dutch so may have to fall back on English speaking sessions :(
Here are some quick data points ...
- Complete list of sessions and schedule
- Archive of previous conferences: JFall 2004, JFall 2005, JFall 2006, JFall 2007, JFall 2008
- Archive of all NL JUG Events
Also trying to arrange a slot in the local Amsterdam Ruby Meetup to talk about JRuby/Rails/GlassFish, lets see if it works out. Otherwise we might somewhere in the hotel lobby :)
And as always, I'm looking for running trails in Amsterdam & Bussum. Any body interested in running together ?