Even though JavaOne 2011 is in full swing right now, but immediately following is the Silicon Valley Code Camp. This camp is:
- given by/for the developer community
- always free
- never occur during work hours
200+ sessions in 9 time slots over 2 days (October 8th and 9th) in the
beautiful campus of Foothill College.
Who would not like to attend this free event ?
Oracle speakers are giving
- Deploy and Monitor your Java EE 6 session in a fully-clustered GlassFish
- The Java EE 7 Platform: Developing for the Cloud (11:15am, Saturday)
- Getting Started with .NET and Oracle Database (11:15am, Saturday)
- Oracle and .NET: Best Practices for Performance and Deployment (1:45pm,
- Entity Framework, LINQ, and WCF Data Services for Oracle Database
- Introduction to Database Design with Entity Relationship (ER) Diagrams
- An engineer’s introduction to in-memory data grid development (9:15am,
- In-memory session replication with WebLogic and GlassFish, Coherence
- High-Performance SQL Applications Using In-Memory Database Technology
The code camp has shown a constant growth in the number of sessions,
registered, and attended as evident from these statistics given below
(originally presented in the
2010 Trip Report):
I'm certainly looking forward to my 5th speaking engagement. With 1880+
registrations so far the numbers are set to blow out of the roof this year :-)
Some pointers for you ...
See ya there!