Here is a summary for those who want a quick juice:
- GlassFish joins WebLogic Server in the best java EE application server offering in the industry
- GlassFish continues as the Java EE reference implementation
- HotSpot and Java System Web Server augment Oracle's application grid portfolio to provide the most comprehensive, integrated, and open middleware foundation
- All existing customers current on support will be fully supported according to their existing agreements
Some more detailed points captured from the webcast ...
- GlassFish continues as the Java EE reference implementation and as an open source project.
- Oracle's strategic application server, Oracle WebLogic Server, together with GlassFish, provide world class Java EE infrastructure.
- GlassFish Enterprise Server and WebLogic Server expected to share core components.
- Oracle plans to add GlassFish Enterprise Server all WebLogic offerings.
- Hotspot and JRockit become Oracle's strategic JVMs.
- Java System Web Server part of new Oracle Web Tier offering.
- GlassFish Web Stack maintained for existing customers.
- GlassFish Message Queue remains as the GlassFish messaging infrastructure.
- Oracle plans to license GlassFish Enterprise Server and Java System Web Server with all WebLogic Server offerings.
- GlassFish also available as standalone offering.
GlassFish will continue to be supported and maintained for an extended time period for customers current on support.
- GlassFish open source projects thrive
On-going commitment by Oracle to java.net and other open source projects that make up GlassFish
- Continue collaboration
- Blogs - TheAquarium
- Enhancements - java.net
- GlassFish wiki
oracle.com/AppServer for more details. The complete list of webcasts on Oracle Fusion Middleware Strategy shares the overall strategy (still evolving).
Also checkout the slides presented by Thomas Kurian on Software Strategy at the webcast yesterday. The complete list of webcasts + slides from yesterday's event are now available.
There are several other articles (in no particular order):
Also check out the FAQ for Developer Community.
Technorati: sun oracle glassfish strategy