Yet Another Microsoft Interop Plugfest
By arungupta on Jun 27, 2007
As in earlier events, attendees implement a set of pre-defined scenarios based on WS-\* specs using their Web services stack. They participate with implementation on their laptops and interoperate using their client and Microsoft endpoint and vice versa.
The set of scenarios are based on the following specifications:
- Basic Messaging Scenarios using protocols: SOAP1.1, SOAP1.2, WS-Addressing 2004/08 and 2005/10, MTOM
- Message Security Scenarios using WS-Security 1.0, WS-Security 1.1, WS Secure Conversation 2005/02, WS-Trust 2005/02, Username Token Profile (1.0, 1.1), X509 Token Profile (1.0, 1.1), SAML Token Profile (1.0, 1.1), Kerberos Token Profile 1.1.
- STS - Security Token Service scenarios
- Reliable Messaging using WS-ReliableMessaging v1.0 (2005/02)
- Transactions using WS-AtomicTransaction v1.0 (2004/10) and WS-Coordination v1.0 (2004/10)
- WS-Policy v1.2 (2004/09) and WS-Metadata Exchange (2004/09) are included in several scenarios
- Windows CardSpace scenarios
Microsoft is also looking for interop testing with pre-release version of .NET Framework 3.5 (codename Orcas) with the following versions of specifications:
- Message Security Scenarios using WS Secure Conversation v1.3 (2005/12), WS-Trust v1.3 (2005/12)
- RX - Reliable Messaging using WS-Reliable Messaging v1.1 (2007/02)
- Transactions using WS-Atomic Transaction v1.1 (2006/06) and WS-Coordination v1.1 (2006/06)
- WS-Policy v1.5
Microsoft still need to work out some kinks before the real work can begin:
- The plugfest schedule still seem to be dated March
- Not all the scenarios and endpoints as mentioned in the announcement are available
- Invite logistics page is giving a 404
- Not all the endpoints are up, atleast RM endpoints are down. Anyway, the endpoints have been down at multiple instances (here, here, here, here and probably other times too!).
But we are still going to participate :) Sun's participation in the previous plugfests can be followed here.