TOTD #97: GlassFish Plugin with Eclipse 3.5
By arungupta on Aug 21, 2009
A new version of GlassFish Tools Bundle for Eclipse (ver 1.1) was recently released. The build contains
- Eclipse 3.4.2 IDE with WTP Java EE support
- GlassFish v2.1 pre-registered and configured
- GlassFish v3 Prelude pre-registered and configured
- JavaDB sample database pre-registered and configured
- GlassFish Plugin (1.0.29)
- MySQL JDBC driver registered to the IDE
- Maven m2 plugins
- JAX-WS Metro plugin
- GlassFish documentation
- And optionally, a JDK 1.6.
- In "Help", "Install New Software", click on "Available
- Search for "ajax" to see the output as:
- Click on "Enabled" button to enable the site and see the
change as below:
click on "OK".
- Expand the drop-down list box and chose the recently added
"update site" as shown below:
and it shows all the software available from that site as:
- Take the defaults, click on "Next" and it shows the
GlassFish plugin version number as shown below:
- Click on "Next", accept the license by clicking
on "I accept ..." and click on "Finish" to start the
The IDE restarts after the installation is complete.
- Now a new server can be added using "Servers" tab and it
shows GlassFish as an option as shown below:
Please leave suggestions on other TOTD that you'd like to see. A complete archive of all the tips is available here.
Technorati: totd glassfish eclipse galileo