TOTD #50: Mojarra 2.0 EDR2 is now available - Try them with GlassFish v3 and NetBeans 6.5
By arungupta on Oct 23, 2008
Yaaay, 50th tip!! The previous 49 tips are available here.
Mojarra EDR2 is now available - download binary and/or source bundle!
GlassFish v2 UR2 ships with Mojarra 1.2.0_04 and v3 prelude comes with 1.2.0_10. The Mojarra binaries in both v2 and v3 can be easily replaced by the new ones as described in Release Notes. Additionally, TOTD# 47 explains how to get started with Mojarra 2.0 on GlassFish v2. This blog will guide you through the steps of installing these bits on GlassFish v3 Prelude and show how to use them with NetBeans IDE.
- Download latest GlassFish v3 prelude and unzip.
- Start Updatetool from "bin" directory. The first run of the
tool downloads and installs the tool. Start the tool by typing the
command again to see the screen shown below:
- Click on "Update", "Accept" the license and the component is then installed in GlassFish directory. Optionally, you can click on "Installed Components" and then verify that bits are installed correctly.
- An EDR2 compliant application can now be directly deployed in these GlassFish v3 bits. There is some work required in order to use code completion, auto-fixing of Imports and similar features in NetBeans 6.5 RC. The steps below describe that.
- In "Tools", "Libraries", click on "New Library ...",
enter the name "JSF2.0" as shown:
- Click on "OK", "Add JAR/Folder..." and pick "glassfishv3-prelude/glassfish/modules/jsf-api.jar", click on "OK".
- Right-click on the NetBeans project, select "Properties", "Libraries" and remove "JSTL1.1" and "JSF1.2" libraries.
- Click on "Add Library ...", select the newly created "JSF2.0" library, click "Add Library" and then "OK".
- In order to run "Cities" application on these GlassFish bits copy MySQL Connector/J jar in "glassfishv3-prelude/glassfish/lib" directory and then deploy the application.
Here are some pointers to get started:
Have you tried your JSF 1.2 app on Mojarra 2.0 ? Drop a comment on this blog if you have.
File JSF related bugs here using "2.0.0 EDR2" version and ask your questions on email@example.com.
Please leave suggestions on other TOTD (Tip Of The Day) that you'd like to see. An archive of all the tips is available here.
Technorati: totd javaserverfaces mojarra glassfish v3 netbeans