TOTD #21: Metro 1.1 with GlassFish v2 UR1 and NetBeans 6
By arungupta on Jan 02, 2008
- Download & Install Metro 1.1.
Download, Install & Configure GlassFish (detailed
- Download GlassFish v2 UR1.
- Install GlassFish by giving the command:
ant -f setup.xml
- Set AS_HOME to the location of GlassFish v2 UR1 directory and install
Metro 1.1 by giving the following command in Metro 1.1 directory:
ant -f wsit-on-glassfish.xml install
This will install the latest Metro 1.1 binaries in the GlassFish Application Server instance.
- Configure GlassFish in NetBeans 6 by going to the "
Services" tab and right-clicking on "
Servers" node and selecting "
- Create a simple Metro Web service by following this tutorial. Create a Secure and Reliable Web service following screencast #ws7. The complete tutorial to add WS-\* capabilities to your endpoint is available here.
These instructions can also be used to override Metro 1.0 that is baked in GlassFish v2 Final build.
Please leave suggestions on other TOTD that you'd like to see. A complete archive is available here.