TOTD #116: GlassFish v3 Administration using JavaFX front-end - JNLP available
By arungupta on Dec 07, 2009
As mentioned in TOTD #113, this Tip Of The Day (TOTD) provides a working version of the JavaFX front-end for GlassFish v3 administration.
Please click here to launch the JNLP or click here to a page that provides some introduction along with the link to JNLP. You may like to enable Java Console as explained in TOTD #114 for any log messages.
See a video of the tool in action:
Here is a TODO list in no particular order:
- Show a splash screen after the startup to indicate server status
- Allow the administration host/port to be changed
- Tie the "server stats" with the server uptime instead of fetching once and then binding it locally
- Provide dynamic updates of the monitoring data, currently its a snapshot
- Convert the monitoring levels text boxes to radio buttons
- Provide complete hints on setting monitoring level based upon the engines
- Enable/Disable the buttons based upon the status of server running (or not)
- Introduce charts to track dynamic shrink/expand of threads/pools/etc.
- Probably something else that I'm forgetting :-)
How are you using JavaFX with GlassFish ?
How will you use GlassFish v3 REST interface in your tools ?