Team Odwalla 2011 - Look good, eat good, feel good, race good!
By arungupta on Mar 10, 2011
Odwalla is sponsoring two hundred endurance athletes for the year 2011 and I'm extremely excited to be picked from the 1000-odd applicants. And the quoted reasons to pick the athlete is "athletic accomplisments and sphere of influence" ... certainly feels privileged!
Team Odwalla is basically 200 runners, triathletes, and cyclists (doubled from last year) who have a strong passion for the sport. Together these 200 athletes (from Boston, Miami, New York City, San Francisco, San Diego, Orange County, and Los Angeles) will compete in 600+ races and 200+ volunteer/charity/fund raising events. So far I've signed up for Bay to Breakers and San Francisco Half Marathon and will sign up for some other races and participate in charity events as well. Let me know if you are in the San Francisco neighborhood and would like to run together. And I'm always up for running in any city as part of my upcoming travel circuit.
What do I get as part of the sponsorship ?
- Tech Tee
- Running Singlet, Running Shorts
- Tri Top, Tri Shorts
- Vented Running Jacket
- Casual Jacket
- 480 oz of Odwalla bar samples, coupons, collateral to be shared with friends ... so be nice to me and I might share with you ;-) Or leave a comment on this blog why do you think Odwalla helps you be a better athlete and I'll bring one for you when we meet next!
- Training help
- Discount on Active Advantage
- Several other things
- Pride to be part of representing a company that I believe in
Did you know ?
- Odwalla bottles, even the caps, are 100% recyclable.
- The guiding principle for this 30 year old company is "Respect the Earth".
- Check out their annual Plant a Tree program and receive $100,000 worth of donated trees for your favorite national park, already donated 360,000 trees so far
- Great fruit makes great juice and take a look at Freshology which explains the philosophy behind creating them
I've always been a big fan of Odwalla brand for the past few years and see this as a great opportunity to team with a company that supports environmentalism and also have an impact on the local community. Here are some flavors that I've tried so far:
- Vanilla Protein Monster
- Super Protein Pumpkin
- Carrot Juice
- Mango Tango
- Strawberry C Monster
- Citrus C Monster
- Blueberry C Monster
- Banana Nut
- Sweet & Salty Almond
And now certainly looking forward to try them all, sharing with you, and hopefully make an impact on the environment as well.
Here are some ways to stay connected with Odwalla: