Suggestions for Java EE and Cloud Track at JavaOne 2013: CFP ends Apr 23
By arungupta on Apr 17, 2013
JavaOne Call for Papers has been extended and now will close on April 23. There are eight tracks to submit your talks:
- Client and Embedded Development with JavaFX
- Core Java Platform
- Edge Computing with Java in Embedded, Smart Card, and IoT applications
- Emerging Languages and the Java Virtual Machine
- Securing Java
- Java Development Tools and Techniques
- Java EE Web Profile and Platform Technologies
- Java Web Services and the Cloud
A complete description of each track is provided
here. Five different kind of sessions can be submitted for
- Conference Session: A 60-minute session presented by Oracle, customers, partners, developers, and/or user group members
- Panel: A 60-minute session presented in a panel format by multiple speakers consisting of Oracle, customers, partners, developers, and/or user group members
- Tutorials: A 2 hour speaker led session where the presenter literally show attendees a live "How to" tutorial, and attendees can ask questions to the presenter during this. It doesn't require the attendee to have any equipment whatsoever. Ideally, the attendee should be listening and taking notes.
- Birds of a Feather (BOFs): A 60-minute session that allows a closer interaction with the speakers and attendees focusing on a particular aspect of technology.
- Hands-on Lab (HOL): A two-hour hands-on, interactive
You've a few more days to submit your talks. As a track co-lead for Java EE and Cloud tracks, here are some talks that I'd like to see there:
- Anything related to WebSocket, JSON, Concurrency, Batch, HTML5, Persistence, Dependency Injection, Transactions ?
- Do you have a creative use of Java EE technologies in your applications ?
- Are you an extreme believer in Java EE and use most of the
components for creating world-class applications ?
- Are you using multiple application servers in your deployment
- Do you have any experience of migrating from earlier versions
of J2EE to Java EE ? Tutorials here would be nice.
- Do you want to show value of standards-based application development over proprietary frameworks ?
- Are you building support for Java EE 7 in your applications already ?
- Performance, monitoring, testing, development, deployment strategies ?
- Any other enterprise Java technologies from the ecosystem ?
- Real case studies on how Java EE helped you deliver on time,
within budget, and stay competitive
- How are your Java services powering web and cloud ?
- Anything related to REST/SOAP Web services and design patterns
- How is Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) helping you realize
the benefits ?
- Do you have an interesting deployment topology across your private and public cloud ?
- Do you have a case study showing why a particular deployment scenario works ?
- Are you exposing services at IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS layers and share guidelines on them ?
- How are you simplifying DevOps ?
- How are you using BigData in development and deployment ?
- Anything related to NoSQL ? Using a mix of NoSQL and RDBMS ?
Read the content review process and tips for submission from 2 years ago to improve your chances of getting a paper selected.