Ready For San Francisco Marathon
By arungupta on Jul 25, 2007
4 - days to
San Francisco Marathon
24 - weeks of Training (including this one)
2 - weeks of Taper Down (including this one)
656 - miles of Running (excluding this week, once again jMaki helped me calculate the total mileage)
6 - long runs
4 - Personal Records (PG&E, PG&E again, 7-mile, PG&E yet again)
4 - fellow runners from Family & Friends
And I'm ready.
For friends who'd like to cheer me up in person, here is some information:
- Course - Text-based description and RunningMap.com-based map
- Spectator Guide (Suggested Spectator Viewing Location, Spectator Bus Options - Two spectator bus options that run in full loop around the course. You can purchase tickets online or at the registration area.)
- Parking and Transportation
- Street Closures and Traffic Impacts
- And then of course, you'll see me in the following gear (picture before last year's run) with my bib# 1378.
For fellow runners, wish you all good luck and here are few references:
- Packets can be picked at One Market Plaza on July 27th (11am-6pm) or 28th (9am-5pm) and find your bib# here. Race shirt is available at the Expo after packet pickup (Justin Herman Plaza).
- Full Marathon Pace Groups are available with a finish time from varying from 3hr to 5hr 30 min. First Half and Second Half pace groups are available as well.
- Pace Calculator - This tool calculates split times for Aid stations along the marathon course based on a desired finish time. It accounts for uphill and downhill, as well as increased fatigue that might be expected later in the race, by applying different “weights” to each section. A more generic version of this tool is available at Marathon Pace Band.
And for those whose wishes are always with me and will not be able to participate in person:
- Live results will be available here and you'll hear my story afterwards on this blog and whenever we meet :)
Wish me luck, my goal is to finish the marathon in less than 4 hours.