On the eve of Jazoon 2010 - Running in Zurich
By arungupta on May 31, 2010
What do runners do in a new city on the eve of a technology conference they are speaking at ?
Of course, they find a track and run. Especially with a new GPS-enabled running watch :-) Check out the activity uploaded from Garmin Forerunner 305 to connect.garmin.com. The backend of Garmin community website seems like a Java Server Faces application, at least the URL ending in ".faces" indicate so!
There is no treadmill and bike at the hotel's fitness center so guess will have to run this route again or explore new ones, we'll see. The Jazoon conference starts tomorrow and read about the presence of Oracle crew. Some fellow conference attendees are planning for a run to Üetliberg, most likely on Tuesday. Drop a comment on this blog if you are interested to run along.
Realized the conference + running gig has been going on for quite some time now ...
- JavaOne Adrenaline - 6:40 min / mile (JavaOne 2008)
- Running by Spree in Berlin (Rails Conf 2008)
- Running by the Singapore River - (Tech Days 2009, Singapore)
- Running at Rails Conf, Las Vegas 2009, Day 2 Run - (Rails Conf 2009)
- Running inside Parque Moinhos de Vento, Porto Alegre - (FISL 2009)
- Running in the streets of Rome - (JRuby/Rails Workshop - 2009)
- Running in Bussum - The Netherlands - (JFall 2009)
Note, this does not include running at the hotels' fitness center :-)