NetBeans 7.1 RC1 now available - JavaFX 2, Enhanced Java Editor, Improved JavaEE, WebLogic 12 support
By arungupta on Nov 28, 2011
NetBeans 7.1 RC1 is now available!
What's new in NetBeans 7.1 ?
- Support for JavaFX 2
- Full compile/debug/profile development cycle
- Many editor enhancements
- Deployment tools
- Customized UI controls using CSS3
- Enhanced Java editor
- Upgrade projects completely to JDK 7
- Import statement organizer
- Rectangular block selection
- Getters/Setters included in refactoring
- Java EE
- 50+ CDI improvements
- RichFaces4 and ICEFaces2 component libraries
- EJB Timer creation wizard
- Code completion for table, column, and PU names
- CSS3, GUI Builder, Git, Maven3, and several other features listed at New and Noteworthy
Check out the latest tutorials.
To me the best part was creating a Java EE 6 application, deploying on GlassFish, and then re-deploying the same application by changing the target to Oracle WebLogic Server 12c (internal build). And now see the same application deployed to both the servers:
Don't miss the Oracle WebLogic Server 12c Launch Event on Dec 1.
You can provide additional feedback about NetBeans on mailing lists and forums, file reports, and contact us via Twitter. The final release of NetBeans IDE 7.1 is planned for December.