JavaOne Latin America 2011: Keynotes, Sessions, Hands-on Lab, Geek Bike Ride, etc.
By arungupta on Nov 29, 2011
After a very successful JavaOne San Francisco, the first JavaOne on the road for 2011 is heading to Latin America next week. There are 59 sessions delivered by several rock star speakers and with 60% sessions delivered by the local community. There are strategy, technical and community keynotes. The community keynote on Thursday will particularly be lot of fun with appearances from Java Champions, JUG leaders, jHome, and several others. Also check out the Exhibitor Floor Plan and don't forget to Register!
The complete session schedule gives an overview for the list of technical sessions and hands-on lab. There are several Java EE, GlassFish, and WebLogic sessions and are highlighted below:
Tuesday, Dec 6
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- XML-Free Programming: Java Server and Client Development without <>
- Java EE Application in Production: Tips and Tricks to achieve zero downtime
- Web Applications and Wicket Scala on GlassFish and Java EE 6
- REST and Java best practices, issues and solutions for the Enterprise
- Building a RESTful Web Application with JAX-RS and Ext JS 4
- Oracle GlassFish Server in the Virtual World
- JAX-RS 2.0: What's in JSR 339 ?
- JSF 343: What's coming in Java Message Service 2.0 ?
- The Great News of JSF 2.0!
- Servlet 3.1 Update
- Develop, Deploy, and Monitor a Java EE 6 Application with Clustered GlassFish 3.1
- Migrating from EJB/SOAP to REST with JAX-RS: The Case of the Central Bank of Brazil
- GlassFish REST Administration Back End: An Insider look at a real REST Application
- Scripting and Agile Java EE Applications with Jython
And this is Brazil so a fun element is important. There are the usual Caiprihinas, Churrascaria, late night social dinners, community engagement, and multiple other fun activities. Fabiane Nardon and SOUJava gang are also organizing a Geek Bike Ride on the Sunday (Dec 4th) before JavaOne. The 20k ride (map) starts at 7am and goes through the streets of Sao Paulo. This is an opportunity to meet some of the JavaOne speakers and attendees outside the conference. They've even designed a t-shirt and 32 geeks have signed up so far.
I'm glad my discussion with Fabiane during FISL early this year for arranging this bike ride is finally taking shape! I'm definitely looking forward to it and will be bringing nice fruity Odwalla bars for all the riders. Be there to ride with me and many others :-)
Stay updated by following @oracledobrasil and @javaoneconf.
I'll be there, will you ?
Don't wait and register now!
And in case you are interested in reading about the experience from last year ... it was lot of fun! Just check out a collage of pictures yourself ...
And the complete album at: