Screencast #30: Java EE 6 & GlassFish 3 using NetBeans 6.9 - 5 screencasts
By arungupta on Jul 19, 2010
This 5-part screencast shows how NetBeans 6.9 provides comprehensive tooling for Java EE 6 & GlassFish 3. The video tutorial starts with building a simple Java EE 6 application and evolves to add features from several new technologies such as Java Persistence API 2, Java Server Faces 2, Contexts & Dependency Injection, and Java API for RESTful Web services from the platform. Specifically, the different parts show:
- How to create a simple Java EE 6 application using JSP, Servlets 3, and EJB 3.1
- Reading values from a database table using Java Persistence API 2 POJO entities
- Create a template-based website using Facelets with Java Server Faces 2
- Use Contexts & Dependency Injection with JSF 2
- Publish a RESTful Web service using JAX-RS
Note, this is a playlist of all the videos so click on little arrows (shown as "<" or ">") to view the different videos.
Please give us feedback on GlassFish Forums.